The Delaware Skills Center is an adult vocational training center, operating as part of the New Castle County Vocational Technical School District, committed to providing skills training to unemployed or underemployed DE residents to create a pathway to a rewarding career.
Our origin goes back to 1963, when President John F. Kennedy and Congress enacted the Manpower Training and Development Act to aid in Workforce Development. This legislation led to establishing skills training and job placement opportunities for unemployed and unskilled American Citizens.
The Delaware Skills Center courses are taught through hands-on training and classroom instruction. Curriculum has been established by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) and instructors are NCCER certified. To date, the Delaware Skills Center has trained and successfully provided employment opportunities for thousands of graduates.
Our Continued Success is Attributed to:
- NCCER curriculum paired with employer driven collaboration for specific technical skills
- Courses aligned with State and/or Federal licensing requirements
- Hands on training, clinical experiences/work experiences
- Classroom, career and clinical areas which simulate the workplace
- Instructors with extensive knowledge and experience in their field
- Supportive services including soft skills, employability skills, resume building and interview skills
- Experienced staff committed to the success of each student
- Strong relationships with business partners
NCCVT Board of Education
- Yvette Santiago, MS – Board President
- Madeline B. Johnson – Vice President
- Cheryl A. Dennis
- The Honorable Robert F. Gilligan
- Nello M. Paoli, Jr.
- Mark S. Stellini
- James Johnson